Pages

Friday, May 20, 2016

Week 1 Overview : 30 Tahitian Dance Challenge






The lovely lady dancing in this video is Moena, my favorite Tahitian Dancer! Not to say that at the end of the 30 days I will be able to move like her, but I most certainly would love you get closer to that by doing this challenge. (Click here for more of why I'm doing this challenge)

I think the most important part of the 30 day challenge is to take things slow, and break them down into smaller steps. As much as we all want immediate results, it's often overwhelming and discouraging if we try to do everything at once.

I broke down the challenge into 4 weeks, focusing on one main target each week, and each day into specific parts of the target to build upon as the days go by.



Week was was about getting into the routine of things, and giving myself enough room to make adjustments before I do the real hard work coming the next few weeks focus on one move each week. You can substitute each one for your own goals, but here's mine so far.

Week 1: Foundation, Routine, Basics (Stretching, Arms)

Week 2: Special Focus on Faarapu (Core, Hips, Legs)

Week 3: Special Focus on Tipene (Legs)

Week 4: Special Focus on Duck Walk -Still Debating on this one-



Each week will get it's own post, and I'll post daily or every other day (or so..) on daily tasks. 


Are you guys currently on a fitness journey or trying out any challenges?


"The dance can reveal everything mysterious that is hidden in music, and it has the additional merit of being human and palpable. Dancing is poetry with arms and legs."

-Charles Baudelaire

No comments:

Post a Comment