Pages

Friday, May 20, 2016

Week 2 Overview : 30 Day Tahitian Dance Challenge

Week 2





Week 2 is here, with a bit of a delay, but none the less here. The mini goal for the week is a bigger, faster fa'arapu.

Each day will be split into 4 parts: stretching, warm up/basics, drills, and cool down.

Since it's fa'arapu week, I will include more fa'arapu drills, but I will also focus each day's drills on areas I want to target, and also include some basic workouts in the drills.
For example, for core day (yesterday) I focused on slow, controlled movements like amis and varus by really using my core. For leg day, I will do some tipenes, do some basics, but very low, and fa'arapus with penes, etc. A more detailed account will of course be coming up tomorrow.

Some non-dance related drills I did for core day were planks, mountain climbers, and supermans (I HATE sit-ups).

I also picked a target song, Lua Afe by Te Vaka, for my Fa'arapu goal. That means that I want to be able to fa'arapu the whole of the song by the end of this (it's 3:02 minutes), and I either use the reloaded version to start with slow amis, then fa'arapus in different speeds and rhythms until I can build my endurance.

I'm pretty happy with the results so far. Especially food wise, I haven't even thought about snacking much of late. I automatically reach for water when I'm thirsty, and I've been pretty good about sticking to the low carb thing!

Hope you guys are having a lovely week, and I'll be back with more details about my week 2!


No comments:

Post a Comment